just sitting here…doing NOTHING (ha! yea right) and decided to just be THANKFUL for a few minutes…thankful for all of the amazing things God has allowed in my life. Instead of doing what I caught myself doing – "man, our house trim needs painting…", "UGH! This computer is driving me nuts – boat anchor, boat anchor, boat anchor!!!", "dog vomit 2xs = need to call and get carpet cleaned…AGAIN".
Man…I need to shake it off!! The "I needs" and the complaining…so, as I sit to spend some time in the Word – asking for some clarity and perspective, I thought I’d tell you all about my FAVORITE 5 things…today. (disclaimer – ok, it is a GIVEN that my kids, hubby, family, friends, dogs, yada yada yada are the top things…but for FUN’s sake, just let me go here)
1) YOGA – there, I said it. I’m training for 1/2 marathon and CONSIDERING training for a 1/2 ironman (in May) and I’ve given in to the millions (ok, not millions) of folks who say I need to xtrain w/some yoga. I’ve tried it…and I’m hooked. Maya has asked me to tell her some of the poses and we are trying to do it together before school! So fun. Brent even went 2xs and he loves it. It is SO painful, but so great for me. Jonny – SHOUT OUT – you motivated me…I’m doing better each time!
2) New places, new friends…God is so good. We LOVE our new church…even going to join (shhh dont tell Allison yet! ha!) and take next steps to get more involved. Not by our own direction, it is most definitely HIS.
3) THIS – when boat anchor is working. Its so awesome and we’ve found some great new music by listening to it.
4) The best way to teach kiddos about sports. We just wrapped up flag football. I cant say enough awesome things about this program. The refs explain to kiddos WHY they throw flags or call penalties. The coaches play EVERY kid in EVERY position…so they all get a chance to experience something new. They dont stack the teams w/talent…great stuff. Check into it in your area!
5) The best 1 hour of my day…6a (of course NOT today…we overslept and decided God would WANT us to sleep that extra 30 minutes today!). Hubby and I have started getting up and just enjoying the quiet time at that hour…b4 kids, b4 phone, b4 pc, b4 school lunches and teacher notes, b4 all gets going and taking control of us. We’ve been doing a study together and deciding to TRY to let God have that 1st hour in the a.m. Brent heard it put like this, "when that alarm goes off in the a.m., its as though 1,000 tiny soldiers are hidden behind it with their bows drawn and arrows ready. Once the alarm goes off and you look up, arrows start nailing you…all that you have to do that day…all that worries you…all that crowds God out of you mind. The key is to head to Him FIRST THING to ward off those arrows…to start by surrendering your day to Him and letting him be your shield." WOW OH WOW. And so, my day begins w/this prayer "Search me, O God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasing." psalm 139.23-24
Of to ward off some arrows and start my day…change the way your mind is taking you today, ask Him to search your heart…clean out the gunk and help you focus on the good stuff…all He wants is for us to ask.