Yep. I think that is the thing that I am to learn from these past few months and take with me into 2008. COURAGE. Sounds lame, eh? Ya see, my fears arent your fears…but I do know that I need to be courageous, and stop being ruled by fear…by assumptions…by perceptions…by comparrisons…by the need to please others. I never knew how bad I’d let ‘fear’ swallow me up and lead me thru life. And so, today I read some words written JUST FOR ME…maybe they were written for you, too??
John Maxwell writes of his addiction to PEOPLE-PLEASING and how God led him on a very long (4 year) journey to change. This is what he wrote to keep him focused on what God wanted of him…WOW WOW WOW. Little does he know, he wrote it for ME…
Courageous leadership simply means I’ve developed…
1) Convictions that are stronger than my fears.
2) Vision that is clearer than my doubts.
3) Spiritual sensitivity that is louder than popular opinion.
4) Self-esteem that is deeper than self-protection.
5) Appreciation for discipline that is greater than my desire for leisure.
6) Dissatisfaction that is more forceful than status quo.
7) Poise that is more unshakeable than panic.
8) Risk-taking that is stronger than safety-keeping.
9) Actions that are more robust than rationalization.
10) A desire to see potential reached more than to see people pleased.
And so, I take on 2008 asking Him to keep showing me (painful, yet accurate) truths that He wants me to know. Have you stopped to really ask Him where He wants you to go this year. Not what YOU/I want to see in 2008, but rather, from His perspective…what is He looking for from you/me?
I want to ask…I want to know