As I write this (on my MacBook Pro, with my nicely iced water in the insulated cup/straw combo I got from Costco, with my large freshly mowed backyard in view, and my spoiled rotten-couch-relaxing-well-fed-Lab-dog lying at my feet), I’m struck with a truth.
I am too dang comfy in my lil world.
Not that comfy is BAD, but when it shifts your reality and steals your motivation to BE better and DO better, then yea, it’s bad. And so, with that thought I start my adventure w/7. Not much to say yet, but thinking it’ll be interesting as I truck along. It’s funny, being a recovering people-pleaser, I’ve already run into frustrations at friends’ responses to my lil endeavor (like – why do I CARE what they say/think/passive-aggressively project to me? bc I’m a recovering people-pleaser, that’s why. duh.). I think that’ll be an interesting part of this thing.
Anyway, I thought I should post the first 7 things I’m going to aim for this month of November:
1) 1 day each week NO ONLINE, EMAILS, WEB, etc (probably Wednesdays) MEDIA
2) Do 1 thing each week getting outside “comfort zone” COMFORT
3) No soda (ie, Diet Coke, Red Bull, etc) for entire month. FOOD
4) Giveaway/purge 1 item per day. POSSESSIONS
5) Only eat out 1 time per week. WASTE
6) 1 full hour each day (w/no communication, chores, multi-tasking) to pray, study, or rest. STRESS
7) NO Target (or the like) for the month unless specific need there; ALL grocery shopping at grocery stores ONLY. SHOPPING
Well. I’m off. We’ll see how this goes. I’m anxiously asking God to show me what He wants out of my life…and what He wants my focus to be. Normal is boring. Weird rulz.