(Does anyone have the FF jpg – Stacey? Dana? AJ? I cant find it on my well organized hard drive)
OK…been blog-neglectful lately…I've been wavering btw the "my life is so funny and this is why" blog and the "here's some greatness that God's teaching me – all serious-like" blog in my head. Not sure what to share, but know that – every bike…every run…every moment of quiet, I'm blogging in my head to you all. If only I could think-type…hmmmm, there's a thought.
Anyway, for Friday – here's a random list of 5 things I wanted to tell and didnt during all of my mind-blogging.
1) Brent is now mountain bike freako-crazy. He did an xterra event last month and is now hooked…I fear that the regular tri is in danger of being knocked out by his xterra love. Did you see THIS? Its my early 15 year anniversary present from my romantic husband. Yes, its NOT a bike. Yes, its a bike FRAME. And…well…yes, in my world, it IS romantic. We live 1 mile from the coolest MB trail in North Texas and I've been wanting to get a MB for ages. He's going to build it up and we'll have another way to spend our dates together. He's nuts, but I'll keep him, I guess.
2) The new Mat Kearney cd is out and is amazing…I have a bit of a fixation on this guy/his music. Brent understands…really. His lyrics are deep and I'm deep…no really, I am. Truly, I love his stuff – its my fav right now. I quote him often on this blog.
3) I'm asking God to help me seek "excellence and NOT perfection". I'll never acheive perfection and it was never His plan for me to be perfect…there was only One who was perfect. So, in everything I'm asking Him to re-direct my goals and thinking…its crazy how good God is.
4) I've been reading the craziest book that may cause many to think I've gone off the deep end. I'm now practicing barefoot running in my backyard and on the search to find a women's size 8.5 pair of Nike Free's to try out. I may be a convert…but, the guy set out to answer this Q: "why does my foot hurt?" and found so much more. Me loves this book.
5) I'm learning some good and ugly stuff about sin. We sin in thought, deed, motive, and word. Its not just action-seen-by-others, gang. Also, I'm learning that sin is malignent and WILL always metastasize to things around it. Our sin does not ONLY affect us, its the most contagious, sticky, awful mess that gets all over everyone around us when we do it. Its never, ever contained. Think about that. Ew. But there IS good news, we can overcome it…not on our own, but by trusting/relying on God. It can seem like a mountain that is unscaleable, but He's the gondola up, baby…truly (wow, that was almost poetic). I live it…I'm a sticky mess, but there is hope…
Happy friday to you all…off to run…and then dance recital rehearsal for Maya…and then flag football game for Braeden…and then…and then…life is good, eh?
Leave a Reply