I just wanted to share a few things that struck me this morning – I just stopped and realized how dern blessed I am. Even in crazy times…even in calm times. Here are a few of my fav things from this week:
- seeing sweet lil girl playing tea party w/Duke. She pours water w/her cute lil pink, plastic teapot into a plastic bowl and he laps it up like a true friend. Although, every now and then he sneaks a bite on that plastic bowls and I hear her yelling "Duke! DROP!" – then back to tea partyland.
- My cool cat 6 yr old, coming out after he’d been put to bed and asking — just as I started to FUME bc he’d been up too many times — "Mommy, is Psalms in the Old Testament or the New?" GULP. I love that kid. I intro’ed him to the wonderful world of TOCs and sent him back to bed. I bet God had a grin about that one.
- being sooooo muscle sore that I can barely walk. Yes. That can be a good thing. It is a FIRM reminder of the great workout I got yesterday. I went to Velocity and it was amazing. Trying to ramp back up and get my ‘base’ ready to start training for upcoming race season. Nothing big, just going to do CapTexTri again for my 2nd time. Then lots of lil sprint tris for fun. I luv that "Ireallydidworkhard" feeling.
- how my nephew (2 yrs old) says "to infinity and beyond" everytime I see him…it is THE single cutest thing ever…it sounds like "TO infiiiiteeeeeeaaaaabbeeeeeyaaaaaaaaa"
- how my mom always has uplifting words for me…she always says I look like I’ve lost weight – ALWAYS – even when I’ve gained. She is always available to listen to me – and cares – even when its silly or unimportant. She always makes me feel like a super star…always on my side. She even holds grudges against those who hurt me, even when I’ve moved on. Could I ever ask for anything more than her?
- this line "every day is a gift you’ve been given, make the most of the time every minute you’re living" from Chris Rice
- my hubby – his "scarecrow britches" (I call him a scarecrow bc he’s dropped so many inches in waist that he has to sinch up his pants every day – its hilarious), watching him coach B’s basketball team, watching "Survivorman" w/him, cracking up when I opened my Vday gift and he said "Dont get the wrong idea when you open this…" It was new workout gear and a Women’s Health mag that had headline for "lose that belly w/o crunches" or something liek that. SO funny. He said "most wives wouldnt appreciate this gift…but I knew you’d love it". And I did…he rocks.
- When I got frustrated yesterday bc traffic wouldnt let me cross the street…I went "uggggggghhhh and banged my steering wheel". THen I hear B’s voice from backseat, "Mommy, maybe if you’re frustrated, you should stop and pray" Then they both prayed for me…not that we’d be able to cross traffic, but that I wouldnt be frustrated and impatient. I LUV THEM.
- its going to be 80 and sunny today
I hope you can stop and smile a little at the small things we overlook most of the time. Life is good.