<not many pix yet since bro-in-law and FIL took all pix…getting copies Sunday, so stay tuned!>
So OK…I’m back. Barely. How was your holiday? Mine was great – busy, fun, exhausting, and all-around too quickly gone. "Let me ‘splain…no, no time, let me sum up" (know that quote anyone?? Colleen??):
- Holy cow, am I really 37 now? Bday was great (yes, its on 25th and my hubby never disappoints) – this year he surprised me and took me to a knife skills class at Sur La Table. What a guy…we had a great day together
- Here are a few of the gifts we gave/got – see if you can figure out who gave/got what: SwimP3 player, 2 fuzzy blow-up chairs (appropriately named wooly mamoth chairs), 1 large marinaded cow femur bone, new pots/pans, 1 lottery entry into Ironman Kona 2007, Tyler Florence cookbook, archery set, (handmade by Papa) horse barn, new RED ipod, various noisey dinosaurs…and it goes on and on. Fun eh?
- Something I learned: the window of time to go to Disneyworld isnt closed yet (B is 7.5). The time is coming, but thankYouLord it hasnt come yet. He was in character as Jack Sparrow much of the trip…
- There is NOTHING cooler than seeing your kids so excited they cant stop jumping up and down…seeing Maya get a kiss on the cheek from Mulan at Epcot was pricless (pix to come).
- Cousins rock…no matter the age difference, cousins have a magical way of playing together and laughing like crazy. Jake’s "flying train" and Tyler’s "BEEEEBO" will live on forever!
- There is quite possibly no better race than Disney…the 1/2 marathon was AWESOME. We ran thru Magic Kingdom…best 3 hrs I’d had in awhile. (And EL, my "Elaine’s Jack Mix" brought me in to the finish line!) Who’d ever think I’d run a 1/2 w/my inlaws!
- NEVER DISRESPECT THE DISTANCE! Ha. Just kiddin’ Brent. He did the full marathon and "bonked" for the first time ever at mile 14 or so. I’d have bailed, but he walked the last 6 miles. Look out Cowtown…he’s looking for redemption!
All in all, its been a truly amazing few weeks. How blessed are we? So blessed. Thank You Lord. Here’s hoping 2007 is all God wants it to be…we’re ready.
"No more rhymes now I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"
Sorry…I couldnt resist…