I have this hanging on my fridge and above my washer/dryer…read it and decided it was my GOAL to have a heart like this DAILY. What do you think?
- I will get up before my family in order to prepare myself spiritually and physically.
- I will prepare breakfast for my family and sit with them while they eat.
- I will work diligently to send every member of my family off in a good mood.
- I will consult my husband every day to see if there is anything special he wants me to do for him.
- I will keep a neat and orderly home.
- I will respond positively.
- I will seek to meet my husband’s needs.
- I will put my husband before my children.
- I will personally meet and greet each family member as he or she returns home.
- I will be predictably happy.
- I will prepare special, good food for my family.
- I will make dinner a special time.
- I will grow daily in the areas of the Lord, marriage, family, and homemaking.
Hmmm. I do my best on most…but, I lack SEVERELY on 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10!!! (poor Brent) Also, the "sit with them while they eat" part of #2 doesnt happen much either…but, its my GOAL. Today as I read thru them, I decided I had a few to add in lieu of the craziness of my home this past week…
- I will not get sad, angry or show ANY emotion when beds get wet during the night. I will change all sheets with a joyful attitude…at least on the outside.
- I will try not to kill the dog…or cuss at him…or smack him when he breaks a bowl at midnite while sneaking it out of my sink of dirty dishes.
- I will get the freakin dishes done before bed time.
- I will try to quit eating all the halloween candy when kids are at school.
- I will try to get the Jonas Brothers songs out of my head once and for all.