We are all living a story. All stories travel through conflict and peace, whispers and shouts, pain and joy, speaking and singing. The psalmists recognized God through the entirety of their stories…and they responded in poems, prayers, and songs, sometimes alone, sometimes in community.
In this two-part study we will dig deep into the Psalter (the collection of 150 individual psalms) and focus on how:
- God reveals. We will study the background and history of the Psalms. We will examine the conditions in which they were written and presented to God. And most importantly, we’ll experience how God uses this collection of poems, prayers, and songs to reveal Himself to us.
- We respond. The Psalms were poured out to God in response to real life, real struggle, and real joy…by real people. They are comprehensive and honest in all circumstances. Some are gritty and dark. Some are inspiring and enlightening. All recognize God’s sovereignty. We will use the Psalms as a guide for our responsiveness to God in the ebbs and flows of our lives today.
The 8.5×11, spiral bound, 130-page participant guide includes:
- A detailed introduction with study objectives, suggested class format, study layout, and study guidelines
- Lessons for 11 weeks consisting of five daily homework sections and one further study section for group or personal study covering 40 psalms
- A comprehensive appendix with learning aids, supplemental lesson materials, and further study tools
- Access to audio and/or video for all teaching sessions.