Before the days of viral social media posts and YouTube videos, a different medium for spreading news dominated: letters. While the first Jesus followers tried to figure out their new belief system, the early church leaders used letters to encourage, inform, and direct. These letters were widely circulated and eagerly read…never intended only for the elite, always meant for the masses.
We are the masses.
In this study, we’ll examine Paul’s letter to the Ephesians answering the question: What do Christians believe and how do we turn belief into action?
Eugene Peterson says, “What we know about God and what we do for God have a way of getting broken apart in our lives.” Paul’s letter to the Ephesians will take us on a journey of turning our beliefs into behaviors.
The 8.5×11, spiral bound, 130-page participant guide includes:
- A detailed introduction with study objectives, suggested class format, study layout, and study guidelines
- A step-by-step guide for using the “SOAP method”
- Lessons for 11 weeks for group or personal study
- Daily homework sections consisting of resource pages, daily Scripture passages, and SOAP pages
- Optional sections with Old Testament passages for deeper study
- A comprehensive appendix with learning aids, supplemental lesson materials, and further study tools
- Access to audio podcast for all teaching sessions.