Four hundred years. That’s how long it had been since the world had heard from God when the book closed at the end of the Old Testament (Malachi). But then in the “fullness of time” (Galatians 4:4), the scene opens in a new world where God puts skin on and moves into the neighborhood. Through looking deeply into the words of John, we will:
- Meet the hands-on Jesus. John takes us on a journey through Jesus’ life, teaching, miracles, and ultimately, His purpose for putting skin on and jumping into the day-to-day with us. John’s perspective is unique from the other gospels because he was Jesus’ best friend.
- Follow the blueprint. Jesus came to give us the framework for how to live our earthly lives well.
- Respond to the finished work of Jesus. From verse one we learn who Jesus is…the Word made flesh. Through the words of John, we are faced with the purpose of this Gospel: telling the story of salvation through the death, burial, and resurrection of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
The 8.5×11, spiral bound, 125-page participant guide includes:
- A detailed introduction with study objectives, suggested class format, study layout, and study guidelines
- Lessons for 11 weeks consisting of five daily homework sections and one application section for group or personal study
- A comprehensive appendix with learning aids, supplemental lesson materials, and further study tools
Access to podcast for all lesson lectures