Everyone is blogging their memories today…how can I not. Its so huge on my mind. Not too "in the mood" to write, but wanted to put a few thoughts down.
I live in area that is in direct line to airport…any given moment you can spot/hear dozens of planes. This morning the skies were empty for about an hour…silent. I didnt hear anything about a suspension of flights during the anniversary of 9/11, but the quiet was noticable.
It brought me back. This is what I remember…
- blow drying my hair to see while watching replay of 1st plane
- happy, clueless 2 yr old in high chair in the kitchen watching Barney
- watching the 2nd plane fly into WTC live…while on the phone w/my mom
- shaking…hanging up…calling Brent
- sitting – with wet hair and Barney in the background – is horror as I watched Matt and Katie stumble for words and information
- a day of tears…hidden from 2 yr old
- running errands w/my mom – w/the radio off
- naptime – radio on…tv on w/o sound…listening to my pastor cry and pray
- on my knees on kitchen floor praying w/him in front of the radio
- that nite, sitting in backyard w/hubby – watching the skies – silence…for days
- feeling for the 1st time in my life – fearful of our well-being in U.S.
- the shutter I felt when a fighter jet did a fly over our area…fearing it was enemy
- seeing Lord honored
- seeing leaders on their knees
- remembering how full church was that week
- I still have the cd of that sermon…I’ve never cried so hard in church b4
We all have our memories…lets not forget. Never will He leave us, never will He forsake us. Thats all I have for now.